Christy Essien Igbokwe is Gone (1960-2011)

I got the news last night via a bbm from a friend in naija. It gave me a very airy feeling as I just featured her on this blog a couple of weeks back. Ironically her post has been topping the list with the most hits. I was just about to upload a couple of her albums this weekend before I got the news. What can I say? Life is short!! It's pretty sad we have to loose yet another icon, the one and only Nigerian Lady of Songs. I am yet to get details on the cause of death, but I will keep you guys posted.

In the mean time, turn up your volume and listen to a few of her timeless classics (playing in the background)............Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This is kinda sad isn't it?

    PS Had to change my url. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Adiya
    http://museorigins.blogspot.com (formally the corner shop- had to change my url X_x)
    http://museorigins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a blog dedicated to good music.

    Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oracle, thanks for stopping by, glad you like what you see so far. More fun stuff to come!

    ReplyDelete