Christy Essien Igbokwe is Gone (1960-2011)

I got the news last night via a bbm from a friend in naija. It gave me a very airy feeling as I just featured her on this blog a couple of weeks back. Ironically her post has been topping the list with the most hits. I was just about to upload a couple of her albums this weekend before I got the news. What can I say? Life is short!! It's pretty sad we have to loose yet another icon, the one and only Nigerian Lady of Songs. I am yet to get details on the cause of death, but I will keep you guys posted.

In the mean time, turn up your volume and listen to a few of her timeless classics (playing in the background)............Enjoy!


  1. This is kinda sad isn't it?

    PS Had to change my url. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Adiya (formally the corner shop- had to change my url X_x)

  2. Now this is a blog dedicated to good music.

    Nice work

  3. Oracle, thanks for stopping by, glad you like what you see so far. More fun stuff to come!