The Horse, The Man & His Son

So I just came back from Nigeria where I had to go bury my dad who passed a couple of weeks back. They say you do not become a man until your father dies: I guess it is official now. On my way back, all I could think of were the various special moments we spent together. He was a lover of good music and had quite a collection of vinyl (records for all the new-school folks) that I helped myself to on my previous visit home. He was more into philosophical music laced with a lot of proverbs. The likes of Ebenezer Obey, Olarenwaju Adepoju, Kayode Fashola, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister and old school Sunny Ade. He also had quite a few foreign albums too. In all, he was well rounded because he was very open-minded when it came to music. Pretty sure I got my love for music from him. So I sieved through the pile of albums I got from him and came across one of his favorites. A classic by Ebenezer Obey: The Horse, The Man & His Son. Even as a kid, I could relate to the message within this album and it pretty much made me come to the realization that you cannot please everyone no matter what you do. For my fans/followers who do not speak/understand Yoruba, I apologize, but I would plead that you keep an open mind and enjoy the melody.


To my mentor, teacher, friend, confidant and father, you are truly missed.

5 comments:

  1. That song is one of my dad's favourite as well. I love it. Sorry about your dad, may his soul RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I'd like to extend my heartfelt condolences to yourself on losing your dad, may his soul RIP. It's nice to hear that your dad was an open minded person when it came to music, we all should be as such for limiting music could make us miss a lot of great things. And as for Ebenezer Obey, I've just heard his songs after u mentioned him and his melodies are a true delight to listen to even though I do not understand Yoruba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Blog.
    i suggest to use this website ( pickyournewspaper.com ) as a news reference in your blog...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nigerian celebrity news-Visit us for latest Nigerian entertainment news & celebrity news. Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and celebrity gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you understand there's a 12 word phrase you can speak to your man... that will trigger deep feelings of love and impulsive attraction to you deep inside his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, please and look after you with all his heart...

    12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    In fact, fueling this mighty impulse is absolutely essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll soon find him expose his mind and soul for you in such a way he never experienced before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete