Blackky - About Tyme




A graduate of Sociology from the University of Lagos, Blackky’s real names are Nya Edward Inyang. He began his musical career as a DJ in 1986. As a student, he was a regular feature in concerts usually at the very popular Lekki beach during festive periods of Easter and Christmas.

Blackky got his break in 1990 when he contested and won the Lekki Sunsplash Talent Hunt Contest, which gave him a record deal with the then Polygram Records. In 1991 he released his debut album; “About Tyme” which had hit songs like Rosie, Blackky’s Skank and Sugar Stick. Between 1991 and 2009, he has released over 6 albums and won several awards.
I must confess I have a soft spot for Blackky’s music. I vividly remember the video to Rosie with Olisa Adibua driving away with Rosie (Lol, I’m still working on getting my hands on that video)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment